7.10
Did you know... (part 2)
I will be back in the States in one month
We still have to keep our lights off at night because of a storm last week.
Here, it's preferable if you do use your hands to eat. Who knows when the last time the forks were washed...
Everything is more expensive here when you're white.
If cheese is green, you shouldn't eat it
If you decide to eat green cheese... Your own fault!
Malaria prophylaxis doesn't actually prevent you from contracting malaria... It just makes it easier if you do get it. Hmmm
The difference between goats and sheep is: goats' tails point up, and sheep's tails point down.
When all is said and done, goats and sheep still make the same BAAAHHH noise that I never wish to wake up to.
There is a boy next door with some disease or disorder that prevents him from communicating with us at all.
God still loves that boy, and He desires for others to love the boy too.
I can physically reach out and touch the boy, and I can play soccer with him in the street or play marbles with him in the yard. Yet (are you ready? 'cause this is the bad news...) I literally have no way to help him. I am right here, on the other side of the world, and I cannot do a thing of lasting importance.
This work is not for the faint of heart
The harvest is plentiful. In a society in which .001% of the people do the things God has commanded, more workers are needed
One of my teammates and I recognized this dire need late last night as we were reading by candlelight. We talked about how we will never be the same when we come home. We have learned so much already. Our eyes have been opened to so many new things, and we are just half way done. We said things like, "These people need help," and we talked about how we now feel obligated by the gospel to do something. We have seen with the eyes of our Creator, and that will forever change us.
Then the last thing we said, the hardest thing to swallow is that we haven't even seen anything hard! We have not "roughed it" at all. We have not sacrificed much. And by my best estimation, until all of God's people are willing to sacrifice everything, the job will not be done. Don't get me wrong, I do not doubt El Shaddai, but I cannot refute what I see with my eyes. And what I see is a people, a whole world of people who need the Truth.
My soul longs for God, for the living God and the Truth that He brings. Join me in prayer as we ask the Lord of the Harvest to raise up more workers. The sad and real truth is that the harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. And, as I said, this field is not for the weary or faint of heart. But rather God desires servants who are willing to be bold. So as you pray, pray for boldness. Ask that the Lord of the heavens will guide you and give you bold prayers to pray, and also that you would learn to lead a bold lifestyle for the sake of the Kingdom. That is also my prayer for myself and for all of you, that I (and you) would learn what it is to live boldly right where I am (and where you are). "I know the plans I have for you," declares Yahweh. I can't wait to see what they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment