Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The work is hard, but worthwhile.

Inike! Ta nema tile?

Greetings again from West Africa! I am beginning to miss you all very much, but I am so excited to be here in this place.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of going with a missionary to a literacy training session. Joe (the missionary) is currently teaching a 12 year old boy how to read. He is learning phonics that we learned in American school when we were 6. There is a great need here for literacy trainers and dedicated teachers of all sorts. Here is the beauty of the situation... The first story this boy will ever read is the parable of "The Good Samaritan" in his own language.

The work being done here seems tedious and perhaps even small; but in reality, the work being done here will have huge consequences and a lasting (eternal) impact. Your prayers are everything, as much as my team and I being here and as much as any of the missionaries who have given their lives to work here. The work is so difficult, but it is so worthwhile. I have been learning the language for just about 1 week, and it is tiring and stressful. But I know that this will prepare me for whatever is to come.

Thank you, my friends, for coming this far with me. Please continue on this journey with me, and let's see where Yahweh will take us all. Peace and brotherly love to you and all those whom you love. I will talk to you again soon.

Ambe kofe!

No comments:

Post a Comment