Monday, May 23, 2011

Devastation, yet...

This evening, around 5:30, the city of Joplin, MO was met by a tornado which delt destruction beyond words. The pictures tell part of the story - businesses and houses flattened, debris for miles, downed power lines, a hospital lay in ruin, this list goes on. There is another part to the story - lives lost (so many lives), families broken, missing people, hundreds (maybe thousands) without homes.

I go to school in Joplin. People I love live there. My ministry is there. My life is there. The walmart at which I am employed no longer exists. My fianceƩ's duplex no longer exists. Many things of hers, her roommate's, and mine do not exist anymore (at least not in the state for which they were intended).

Yet,

We thank God for His grace and mercy. If it were not for salvation through Christ Jesus, we might be upset tonight.
There is joy in all this. There is hope and peace and rest for the weary and broken. This I know because Jesus told me so.

And did I mention that there are voices crying out to God Almighty and even praising His name who have never before done so...
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment